Becoming a parent is a big step in a person’s life. Getting used to a new schedule, mastering new routines, and making sure that your baby is safe and comfortable are all parts of life as a new parent. In the midst of all of these changes, it can be overwhelming to think about all of the supplies, food, and toys your newborn needs.
Need ideas of things to include in your baby care package? Look no further — here are the best things to send to new parents and their bundles of joy.
From bottles to baby soaps, there are a number of essential items that all babies will need once they are brought home.
Back to Basics
No matter if the parents you know are first-timers or seasoned veterans, there are certain essential items that parents will always need. Consider adding these things to your care package so that your loved ones won’t find themselves in a baby care bind.
Bottles and Bibs
Important for feeding babies both when Mom is and isn’t around, bottles and bibs are great items to include in your care package.
- Dr. Brown’s Baby Bottles - Used in hospitals all across the country, these bottles are No.1 recommended by pediatricians in the United States. Prioritizing both functionality and infant health, Dr. Brown’s bottles are reliable and durable products. Choose from a variety of bottles and bottle warmers.
- Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle - This bottle is specifically designed for moms who want to combine breast and bottle feeding. With few parts for easy cleaning and assembly and an airflex valve designed to reduce feeding issues like colic, these bottles are a solid selection for a care package.
- Munchkin Latch Bottle - Designed to mimic the breastfeeding experience, the Munchkin Latch bottle is equipped with an anti-colic valve located at the bottom of the bottle. This valve allows for breast milk to flow while ensuring that air bubbles do not travel through the breast milk.
- Gerber Bibs and Burp Cloths - With a range of colors, fabrics, and designs, Gerber has a great selection of bibs and cloths that will complement the bottles in your care package.
Diapers and Bathroom Supplies
New parents can never have enough diapers. While parents may go through diapers like water, they’ll also need other items to keep their babies clean, too.
- Pampers Swaddlers Diapers - Soft, stretchy, and with a BreatheFree Liner, Pampers diapers are a classic option for your care package.
- Parent’s Choice Diapers - Hypoallergenic and perfume and latex-free, these diapers are soft, snug, and breathable.
- Triple Paste Diaper Rash Ointment - Hypoallergenic and fragrance free, Triple Paste has a fast-acting formula that will give babies instant relief.
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes - These baby wipes have pH balancing lotion and have 0% Phenoxyethanol, paraben, perfume, and alcohol.
Every new parent will want a quality monitor to keep an eye on their newborn while they are resting and sleeping. With a wide selection across stores and the internet, you’ll be able to find and select a monitor that is best for the size of your loved one’s house and is capable of capturing sounds, video, or both.
A classic item for newborns, pacifiers are great for soothing babies. When assembling your care package, include one type of pacifier or a variety. Choose from pacifiers that are best for breastfed babies, colic, soothing, and ones that are dishwasher safe.
Baby Soaps and Creams
When giving a newborn a bath, it can be helpful to have soap that is gentle on sensitive skin. Consider adding these infant care items to your care package so that the newborn you know has the best bath products.
- Aveeno Baby Wash and Shampoo - Specifically made for babies with sensitive skin, this wash and shampoo will not dry out a baby’s skin. Containing natural oat extract, this wash also has soothing and nourishing properties.
- Johnson’s Baby Shampoo - This baby soap is designed to gently cleanse a baby’s delicate hair and scalp and rinse off easily. Also, this soap is pediatrician and dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and gentle to the eyes.
- Mustela No Rinse Cleansing Water - Know parents that are always on the go? This rinse is gentle enough to use on newborns and does not need to be rinsed off with water. Hypoallergenic and composed of 98% plant-based ingredients, this product will also help with protecting a baby's delicate skin.
- Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment - This product is perfect for all of a baby’s skincare needs. Gentle and multi-purposed, this ointment can be used to treat chapped cheeks, minor scrapes and scratches, diaper rashes, and dry skin.
Once the essentials are covered, you can get creative with the items you include in your baby care package. Buy towels with fun, animal designs, or include a special toy in your care package.
Now that you’ve included the basic essentials in your care package, you’ll want to also include some comfort items. Add any of these items to your baby care package to be sure that the newborn you know is completely comfortable at home.
Towels and Washcloths
In addition to soaps and lotions, babies also need towels and washcloths when they take baths.
- JJ Cole Hooded Towel Set - Made out of 100% cotton, this towel set will keep a baby’s head warm and is very easy to clean. Also, these towels come in fun patterns!
- Little Unicorn Hooded Towel & Washcloth Set - Plush and absorbent hooded towels. This product also has cozy pockets for little hands, as well as ultra-soft terry cloth on the inside.
- Pottery Barn Nursery Critter Wraps - Interested in adding some more fun to your baby care package? These nursery critter wraps from Pottery Barn Kids will allow the newborn you know to stay warm with a playful design.
Pajamas, Mittens, and Booties
All babies need pajamas — why not be the one to give the newborn you know an awesome set? Include light pajamas, warm pajamas for winter, or both. Pick out pajamas with special designs or magnetic footie pajamas. No matter what you add, the parents and baby you know will thank you.
Another important item to include in your care package are anti-scratch mittens. These helpful garments keep a baby’s hands warm while also preventing them from accidentally scratching themselves with their nails.
Similarly, including booties in your care package is a good idea. Even though the newborn you know isn’t walking yet, booties are important for keeping a baby’s feet warm both inside and outside of the house. A perfect combination between shoes and socks, booties are a helpful item to add to your care package.
Stuffed Animals, Books, and Other Toys
Babies learn about the world through play, so it’s especially important that they have access to toys that stimulate and engage their minds.
Stuffed animals can be a great addition to your care package. These plush toys are great for both soothing babies and for entertaining them. Pick out a rabbit, an elephant, or a giraffe — odds are, they’ll be the baby’s new best friend.
On a similar note, it’s never too early to start reading to a baby. Fortunately, there are lots of books specifically meant for newborns. Consider adding classics like Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown and Look, Look! by Peter Linenthal to your care package.
Regular toys are also good for babies to have. Feel free to get personal with the toys that you add to your care package — add rattles, blocks, or even stroller toys. Any toy you include will be thoughtful and appreciated by the recipients.
After you’ve selected care package items for the baby you know, consider selecting items that will also give the parents a treat. Image courtesy of Carepackages.com.
Pampering the Parents
Along with including items for the newborn you know, you might also want to include some items for the parents you love. Taking care of a new baby can be challenging and tiring, so here are some gifts to help your loved ones deal with any new parent difficulties.
Rise N Shine Breakfast Package
As a new parent, it can be hard to get the proper amount of sleep each night. Also, new parents often face many early mornings. If you know that your loved ones will be getting up early on most days, think about sending them the pre-made Rise N Shine Breakfast Package.
This breakfast package includes:
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Brown Sugar (4)
- Zeez Smores Bars (4)
- Granola Cookie Bake Blueberry Pomegranate (2)
- Kind Bars - Fruit and Nut (3)
- Pop Tarts - Strawberry (2)
- Clif Bars - Peanut Butter (3)
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bar - Maple Brown Sugar (2)
- Swiss Miss Cocoa w/ Marshmallows (4)
- Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate (1) - Spiced Apple Cider (2)
- True Lemon Crystals Packet (2)
- Maxwell House Instant Coffee (4)
- Tea Bags, Earl Gray (2)
- Tea Bags, Pomegranate Raspberry (2)
- Mojito Mint Green Matcha Tea Bags (2)
- Mug (1)
With these ready-to-eat breakfast items, the parents you know will be able to still have breakfast each day, even amidst their caregiving duties.
Stay Healthy Care Package
When you’re a new parent, it can be difficult to find time for yourself and keep your own health habits up. Send the parents you know the Stay Healthy Care Package to ensure that your loved ones don’t get sick or sidetracked from their busy lives.
This care package includes:
- PopCorners Popped Corn Chips
- Go Lite Sweet Maui Popped Chips
- Stretch Island Fruit Leather
- Bare Fruit Organic Chips
- Popchips Potato Chips
- EatSmart Veggie Chips
- Kind Bars
- Annie’s Friends Bunny Grahams
- Sweet and Salty Trail Mix
- Dr. McDougall’s Big Cup Soups
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal
- Nature Valley Soft Baked Breakfast Bars
- Clif Bars
With this care package, your loved ones will be able to have fun snacks throughout the day without feeling guilty or worried about their health.
Adjusting to life with a newborn can take some time. Help your loved ones make this transition smoothly by sending them a personalized care package.
Becoming a parent is extremely rewarding, but taking care of a newborn can also present some challenges. Sending a care package with both fun and necessary baby supplies can be a great way to show your support. Whether you select a pre-made care package or opt to assemble your own, the baby and parents you know will be grateful for your gifts.