The weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer, and Easter is right around the corner. Usually taking place near the beginning of the spring season, Easter is a great time for families to celebrate and spend time together.
Even though family members might want to visit with each other after spending the winter apart, unforeseen factors and external forces sometimes prevent loved ones from getting together.
Do you have any family members you won’t be able to see in-person this Easter? Here are some Easter care package ideas to help you send your love on this holiday.
With many Easter treats to choose from, it won’t be hard to find an assortment of sweets for your loved ones to enjoy.
A big part of Easter celebrations are the sweets and treats associated with the holiday. From candy-filled eggs to chocolate bunnies, sweets are a hallmark of Easter get-togethers.
Seasonal Easter Candy and Chocolates
While you could opt for standard sweets in your Easter care package, there are many candies specifically meant for the Easter holiday. Add some fun and delight both the younger and older members of your family by including any of these treats in your care package.
- REESE'S Easter Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs - A seasonal spin on a classic candy, these chocolate peanut butter eggs are perfect to add to both Easter baskets and your Easter care package.
- M&M's Milk Chocolate Easter Candy Jar - Spring-inspired and pastel-colored, these festive M&M’s are another classic spring treat.
- Cadbury Creme Eggs - Thick chocolate surrounding a sweet filling in the shape of an Easter Egg — need we say more?
- M&M'S Easter Milk Chocolate Candy in Easter Eggs - A sweet spin on the classic plastic Easter egg, these M&M Chocolate Candy Easter Eggs are each filled with one fun size pouch of M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candy. Be sure to add these colorful eggs to your care package so that your loved ones can have both an Easter egg hunt and some sweets.
- Dove Easter Assorted Springtime Mix Chocolate - This springtime mix of chocolate contains milk chocolates, dark chocolates, and milk and caramel chocolates. With each chocolate wrapped in colorful pastel foil, this mix is perfect for sharing.
- REESE'S Easter Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Bunny - Just like Reese's milk chocolate and peanut butter eggs, this chocolate bunny is a perfect addition to your Easter care package.
- Lindt Gold Bunny - Quality chocolate in a fun and classic Easter shape.
- Lindt Chocolate Carrots - This year, the classic Lindt chocolate carrots are blended with milk chocolate and hazelnut, surrounding a white chocolate center. On top of that, these chocolates are presented in a seasonally unique Lindt box that will look great in your care package.
- Peeps Marshmallow Chicks - It’s difficult to think about spring and Easter candy without thinking of Peeps. Be sure to include these yellow, pink, blue, lavender, or green marshmallow treats in your care package.
Easter Trail Mixes and Cereal Mixes
Interested in adding something homemade to your Easter care package? Easter trail mixes and cereal mixes are easy to make and simple to package and send. With a variety of types and recipes, it shouldn’t be difficult to find a fun recipe that’s perfect for your loved ones.
- Easter Chex Party Mix - The ingredients for this mix include marshmallows, pretzel twists, vanilla almond bark, and pastel chocolate candies. With a manageable ingredient list and preparation process, this is a perfect springtime dessert.
- Bunny Bait Easter Trail Mix - This trail mix is the perfect combo of salty and sweet. With Easter candy, nuts, pretzels, and more, this recipe can be adjusted and personalized to fit the tastes of your care package recipient.
- Easter Snack Mix - Still looking for another snack mix recipe? This mix combines Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels, chocolate chips, and more to make a delicious holiday treat.
Mini Chocolate Lovers Cupcakes
While it can be nice to send homemade treats to your loved ones, sometimes the best gift can be gourmet desserts. The Mini Chocolate Lovers Cupcakes package offers a variety of delicious cupcakes, including:
- Chocolate peppermint
- Peanut butter cup
- German chocolate
- Chocolate caramel
- And more!
This package serves four to six people and includes a greeting card that you can personalize. Be sure to treat your loved ones to these assorted mini cupcakes this Easter!
The Classic Dozen Rice Krispies Treats Assortment
Looking for another pre-made, fun dessert option to send to your family? Consider checking out the Classic Dozen Rice Krispies Treats Assortment package. This Treat House exclusive product comes with 12 assorted Rice Krispies Treats bars, with flavors including:
- Caramel sea salt
- Cookies and cream
- Birthday cake
- And cotton candy
Made in the USA, this dessert package is a great option for making sure that your loved ones have a sweet Easter and will never be wanting for treats over the spring holiday.
Easter Cookie Cutters
Just because you include some sweets in your Easter care package doesn’t mean that you will be doing all of the baking for your loved ones. If you know your family members also love making their own treats, be sure to add some festive Easter cookie cutters to your care package.
Perfect for young kids and for family members who are still young at heart, Easter toys and gifts are great additions to any Easter care package.
Easter Gifts and Toys
Sending your care package to family members with young children? Maybe your care package is going to someone who still is a child at heart. Either way, adding Easter toys and gifts to your care package will ensure that your loved ones have fun over their spring holiday.
- Plastic Easter Eggs - Once they have the candy, your loved ones will also need plastic Easter eggs to fill. Know that your family will want to do an Easter egg hunt? Make sure you include these colorful eggs.
- Easter Bubbles - With the weather getting nicer, many families may want to spend some of their Easter outdoors. By including bubbles in your care package, you’ll be helping your family pass the time and have fun outside. Besides, who doesn’t love bubbles?
- Easter Egg Stampers - Are you sending your care package to family members with little ones? These Easter egg stampers are a great craft item and can also be hidden as prizes during an Easter egg hunt.
- Easter Bunny Stuffed Animal - What would Easter be without the iconic Easter Bunny? A perfect toy for children or a decoration for adults, an Easter Bunny stuffed animal is a classic Easter gift.
- The Original EggMazing Easter Egg Decorator Kit - Decorating Easter eggs is a tradition that many families have. Be sure to keep this tradition alive by adding this egg decorating kit to your care package. No dyes, no smells, and fun without the mess — this gift will enhance any family decorating session.
- LEGO Easter Bunny - This LEGO toy includes an Easter Bunny figure, a green meadow setting, two customizable Easter eggs, a posable head and ears, and a hidden LEGO surprise. This charming gift is the perfect way to wish kids and family members a “Happy Easter.”
- Easter Eggstravaganza Mad Libs - If your family members are going to have some downtime during their Easter holiday or are going to be on the road, you’ll definitely want to include this Mad Libs game in your care package. With 21 "fill-in-the-blank" stories about chocolate, Easter baskets, and the magic of springtime, every family member will be able to have some fun.
Once you’ve covered Easter toys, be sure to also include other festive and useful items for springtime in your Easter care package.
Aside from Easter-specific gifts, there are many other springtime items that can complement the other things in your Easter care package. Add one or add them all — any of these items are great additions.
Easter Cards and Handwritten Notes
In addition to sending gift items in your care package, it can be nice to include a written message or card wishing your loved ones a “Happy Easter.” Send your loved ones an Easter card to accompany your care package, or include a set of blank Easter cards in your care package as another present!
With warmer weather and summer right around the corner, a stainless steel water bottle can be a helpful item to include in your Easter care package. Want to make this gift even more festive? Pick out a pastel or springtime color for the bottle you choose!
Do your family members have a favorite store, restaurant, or coffee shop they love to go to? Gifts cards are a great way to treat your loved ones to a nice beverage or meal from their favorite place. Include a gift card for Target, Whole Foods, Starbucks, or any other location. Any and all of these are great options.
Easter and Springtime Decorations
Want to make sure that your loved ones have everything they need to make their home festive for Easter and the start of spring? Don’t hesitate to include springtime and Easter decorations in your care package. Add one item or many — no matter what, the decorations you include will add extra holiday spirit to your family’s house.
Notebooks, Journals, and Stationery
If your Easter care package is being sent to any adult family members, notebooks and stationery can be great items to include. Select pastel colors or your family members’ personal favorite colors. Regardless of what you choose, notebooks and other related supplies are practical items that will be useful to your loved ones every day.
No matter what you include in your care package, your family members and loved ones will know that you were thinking of them, even if you are celebrating Easter miles apart.
It can be difficult to spend holidays apart from family members, but there are other ways to send your love, even if you can’t see your loved ones in person. If you know that you and your family will be celebrating Easter apart, assembling a personal Easter care package can help you wish your family a “Happy Easter,” even from a distance.